Imagine an evening in the picturesque Suffolk countryside beside a real campfire. Glance up at the clear night sky and see a vast canopy of stars glinting above. Sip on your glass of mulled wine as the logs crackle on the fire and your family and friends laugh.
A mere dream? Not at all! That’s the experience of many hundreds of visitors to the Orchard Campsite.
The Top Ten reasons our clients give for returning to The Orchard Campsite year after year…
1. No third party booking agencies – when you book you can discuss your exact requirements with Alan, the owner, or his son Stuart, the site General Manager.
2. No check-in times – you can arrive whenever our site shop/reception is open AND even better …
3. No check-out times – so you can stay until midnight on the day of departure. This means you can relax and enjoy the site for the full duration of your holiday.
4. ‘Free pitching’ – we don’t have numbered pitches, you simply take up the amount of space you need.
5. Personal service from the owners – if you have a question or query during your time at The Orchard you will always be able to meet with Alan or Stuart, who will do all they can to ensure you have a brilliant time.
6. One of the best stocked campsite shops ever encountered – with delicious local meat, bread and other bakery products available most days. Products can be pre-ordered before your stay and we make sure we stick to high street prices. We also stock around 150 types of wine, beer and spirits from around the world for you to try, and a range of hot and cold beverages.
7. The free glow-stick frenzy for the little ones – every Saturday (plus Wednesdays during school holidays).
8. On-the-ground campfires – there is nothing quite like sitting around the fire with your friends and family, chatting and laughing and toasting marshmallows. Our wood is from a local renewable source. One tree is planted for every tree cut down.
9. Our simple inclusive pricing – you pay only for your pitch (with or without electric hook-up). We do not charge extra for cars, awnings, dogs, children or visitors.
10. You can camp as a group – we are a relaxed and sociable site and are very happy to accommodate group bookings. Its a great place to have a birthday get-together, family reunion or celebration!
On-site Shop – Pre-order your delicious meat, bread, cakes and more
You can pre-order your meat, bread and cakes from our leading local butcher and bakery so that you can pitch up and enjoy yourself without rushing to the shop.
Download the Bread Order Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a fully stocked shop at the Orchard Campsite with everything you need to ensure you have a fantastic visit.
What better way to enjoy a holiday in the beautiful Suffolk countryside than enjoying local food without the hassle of having to stop off and buy it.
Pre-Erected Tents and our new Safari Tent
If you like the idea of camping but not the idea of putting up a tent then you will love our pre-erected tents.
Our tents come equipped with the groundsheet, sleeping bags and sleeping bag inners, lighting and cooking pots and pans.
Your new favourite holiday destination: the Safari Tent at Orchard Campsite. Sleeps four and comes fully equipped, you even have your own loo and shower!